The Fund Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely calculation of the Net Asset Value (NAV) for funds administered by Nottingham. Fund accountants work both individually and in a team structure handling investment portfolio accounting, acting as liaison with clients, interacting with outside auditors, custodians, clearing brokers, and internal constituents.
- Performs daily accounting functions for assigned funds to include calculating and delivering net asset values for various investment products, including mutual funds, private funds, and government investment pools
- Updates and monitors daily trading, general ledger activity and pricing of funds to ensure accuracy of daily NAV calculation
- Records dividends, interest, and expense accruals
- Monitors corporate action notifications
- Records and reconciles daily capital stock activity
- Ensures all fund transactions are properly posted to accounting system
- Applies accounting and finance principals to numerous asset types
- Responds to questions from the fund’s investment advisor and various internal constituents
- Reconciles fund records to custodian, transfer agent, and portfolio groups on a daily basis
- Prepares monthly reconciliations and periodic auditor requests
- Provides unique daily, weekly, monthly, and periodic reporting as required by clients, investment advisors, management, and outside reporting entities
- Prepares and reconciles daily trial balances for assigned funds
- Assists with the preparation of board reports
- Assists with the preparation of semi-annual and annual reports
- May perform other duties as required and assigned
Education / Skills / Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or related field required.
- 0-8 years’ experience in fund accounting
- ETF fund accounting experience preferred
- Ability to learn accounting and financial principals for numerous investment vehicles
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Effective written, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking analytical skills
Background in the following areas will differentiate a candidate:
- Knowledge of investment portfolios and various types of investment securities
- Knowledge of trust and/or partnership accounting
- Review of P&L allocations
- Identifying and resolving exceptions and problems relating to accounting records
- Preparation of quarterly, semi-annual, and annual financial statements
SYSTEMS SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR
The System Security Administrator is an expert in cybersecurity who will lead the effort to protect our infrastructure and data. The candidate must be knowledgeable of current cybersecurity risks and best practices to mitigate them, and be able to make recommendations to the team regarding hardware, software, and policies needed to protect company assets. In this hands-on position, the Systems Security Administrator will implement the recommended solutions and actively maintain the firewalls and end points. The ideal candidate will also be a skilled programmer who is able to write code to augment the programming team as well as provide general IT support for our users. This position has the option of being 100% remote for the ideal candidate.
Must have skills:
- Manage risk assessments using the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (or other well-defined framework)
- Create and maintain cybersecurity policy documents
- Conduct employee security training
- Manage network firewalls and remote access in a mixed environment; Windows, Active Directory, Office 365, Linux.
- Maintain endpoint security, virus protection, etc.
- Work with auditors (SOC And SEC) during cybersecurity related reviews
- Augment programming staff with coding
- Provide general IT support for users
The primary responsibility of a clerk in our finance department will be to handle administrative and day-to-day functions of the AP/Finance department. The Finance Clerk will be responsible for tasks which include processing checks/payments and vendor invoices, daily maintenance and monitoring of bank accounts; calculating and processing client invoices for receivables; and communication with multiple departments regarding expenses, receivables, and coding. Daily work requires a high level of attention to detail and the ability to meet multiple deadlines. Works primarily within the Finance department, a results-oriented environment, under the direction of the Finance Director. Finance Clerk will be responsible for prioritizing work and requests.
- Posting transactions in QuickBooks
- Preparing and sending reports for external, and internal, clients
- Organizing, analyzing, and filing of documentation related to all transactions.
- Cross check procedures
- Helps respond to and/or resolve Finance related inquiries/issues
- Assists with audit requests as needed, both for mutual fund clients and Nottingham corporate
- Perform special projects as assigned
Behaviors & Talent:
- Individual Initiative – is a self-starter. Demonstrates a “can do” attitude
- Critical Thinker – Has an aptitude for learning, for questioning, for problem solving
- Collaborative & Accountable – Takes ownership and has a drive to be of service to others
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize and manage work activities
- Pays a high level of attention to detail, is very thorough
- Polite and confident
- Thrives and enjoys working in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment with the ability to adjust and be flexible to change
- Associate degree in accounting, finance or similar
- 1-5 years of experience required for entry level positions
- Proficiency in QuickBooks is required
- Good understanding of financial and bookkeeping processes and practices
- Computer literacy to include Microsoft office programs, notably Excel and Adobe
We pride ourselves on a strong family-like, team-oriented culture and pleasant, relaxed working atmosphere with the ability to work remotely or in the office. Nottingham offers a competitive benefit package and the ability to grow and advance.