March 18, 2020
Seeking Alpha’s Jonathan Liss talks with Nottingham CEO, Kip Meadows, about cannabis-focused ETFs and non-transparent active ETFs on Let’s Talk ETFs.
Hear the full podcast here, or tune into your favorite topic segment using Jonathan’s notes below.
- 3:00 – Explanation of the “back office” side of the ETF business
- 4:30 – The white label fund launch process
- 7:00 – What do investors interested in investing in cannabis funds need to look out for?
- 11:00 – What’s better in the cannabis space: active management or passive index funds?
- 13:00 – What industry is a good comparison to the cannabis industry?
- 17:00 – What are major challenges in the space right now?
- 19:30 – Do we need to see U.S. legalization to see a run up in the sector’s stock prices?
- 23:00 – Non-transparent active ETFs: Why have active managers stayed away?
- 26:00 – 5 different ways to attack the non-transparent active ETF issue
- 33:45 – What are the benefits for investors of buying one of these active funds in an ETF wrapper vs. a mutual fund wrapper?
- 35:00 – Analyzing the cost structure
- 38:00 – Of the 5, do you have a favorite model? Which do you think is most beneficial to investors?
- 40:00 – Will new the American Century funds open the floodgates for other active managers to enter the ETF space?